If you are currently taking this course with me, you can find all the course slides here: MAT135 Differential Calculus
The clicker questions we use in class can be found here:
Below are a few GeoGebra activities that we did in class.
- Even/Odd functions: In this app, students can visualize even/odd functions and explore the symmetries embedded in these functions.
- Function transformations: In this app, students can explore how different types of function transformations affect the graph of a function.
- Inverse trigonometric functions: In this app, students can see how the graphs of inverse sine/cosine/tangent are related to the original functions and see the reason for the choice of domains of these functions geometrically.
- Limits of functions: In this app, students can explore the limits to two given functions: and , and visualize removable discontinuity, vertical asymptote and horizontal asymptote.
- The derivative of a Function as Slope of Tangent Line: In this app, students can explore what is a tangent line to a curve at a point, and how the slope of the tangent lines changes when a point is travelling along a given curve.
- Derivative as a function: Students get to explore what happens to the derivative function based on a given one and they are related to each other geometrically. They can learn how to identify which curve is and which one is .