I’m doing an education research project titled “A Pilot Investigation of Interteaching in an Undergraduate Mathematics Course” in this fall, and the following positions are available for University of Manitoba undergraduate and graduate students.
- TAs are expected to be online with me every Wed, 10:30-11:20 to facilitate group discussions.
- TAs need to have online learning experience in the past year. And if they worked as TA and/or facilitated students’ learning, that’s a plus.
- TAs must know the course MATH2720 and its topics well. They should have completed this course recently with a decent grade.
- TAs need to have excellent communication skills, so they can work with students effectively.
- TAs’ weekly workload is 2 hours: 1 hour for preparation, and 1 hour for synchronous online facilitation. They will be attending some paid training sessions with me in the last two weeks August.
- We are planning to hire either 1 RA, for 10 hours per week, or 2 RAs, for 5 hours per week, for 4 months from Jan to Apr 2022.
- RAs are expected to collect data in the form of: student work submitted to crowdmark/UM Learn, students’ online discussions, and survey responses.
- RAs are expected to conduct oral interviews online and transcribe the conversations.
- RAs are expected to clean the data, perform data analysis, and write reports of what they have analyzed.
Feel free to email xinli dot wang at umanitoba dot ca for more details.